Wednesday, May 29, 2013

No Visa, temporary reassignment, and I LOVE MY LIFE!


Dear people,
 
This week... I have changed. For anyone who has served a mission, this feeling I'm feeling right this second is heaven. I am literally IN HEAVEN every minute of the day. Of course, there are days where it feels... not so heaven-like, but these past couple days have drastically changed my life. I am so grateful for every person in my life.
 
News:
1// still the Sister Training Leader with mi companera. I'm loving talking to these girls about their lives and going to leadership meetings. I genuinely am in love with every person in my zone and leaving them is going to be SO hard.
 
2// I don't have my visa, so I'm being temporarily reassigned to a State side mission until it arrives. I find out where on June 6th or 7th. this means... I get to spend my birthday in and English Speaking country where birthday cake is available! YAY!!! :) (it's June 14th btw)
 
3// An Elder in our district left this week for medical reasons. It was really hard to see him go, but we're trying really hard to make him come back out as soon as possible. We don't want him to get comfortable at home. He has an amazing testimony, and people NEED to hear it.
 
4// We got a new district last wednesday.They're all going to California, spanish speaking except the girl from California who is going to Colorado. They're all adorable and obedient (Which I am very grateful for. it makes my life SO much easier)
 
5// All of our Elders in our district leave this Monday. We are going to miss them all so much and we KNOW we will keep in touch long after our missions. They are a third familiy to me and I will never forget the things they have done for me and how much they have helped grow my testimony. I love this district.
 
Funny:
1// Our speaker didn't show up for relief society, and the MTC presidency wives ended up speaking. When we got to class after, we convinced everyone that we played heads up 7up with all the sisters instead... they believed us for a good 20 minutes until a logical elder convinced them otherwise. 1,200 sister missionaries... HAHAHAHHAHA. what a joke.
 
2// Sister Thompson convinced Elder Jessop that she could read braille. She can't. He figured it out 3 weeks in haha.
 
3// My substitute teacher looks and dresses like Marcus Mumford. I'm glad he's a substitute. He's very distracting. I love and miss my music. BUT I'm staying focused and just escape to a room to play piano when I start to miss it.
 
4// Elder Jessop got an ingrown hair on his toe, so Elder Nelson tried to perform a ghetto surgery on it in their residence. It got infected, and they took him to the doctor. He just looked at it and said he didn't know what it was, then gave him some HUGE pills, which happened to be the exact same pills that they gave sister Thompson when she got bit by the spider. I'm questioning whether or not he's a real doctor. Oh yeah. They gave him a shot on his bum and he was limping for the rest of the day.hahaha. I'm never going to that doctor.
 
Other stuff:
 
1// I never want a smartphone again. It is such a waste of time. I think of all the moments I wasted looking at Instagram and Facebook and twitter and pinterest... UGH. Such a waste of a life. I never want to waste my life with technology again. I want to experience life. Not just pass time.
 
2// I FOUND VAL... AHEM Sister Garrett. We've seen each other 3 times since we've been here. All 3 times were miracles. We have 100% opposite schedules, and I happened to be running late and miraculously remembered to bring my camera (i never do), and WHAM! I ran into my best friend in the world. Well, more like she bolted up to me from behind and squeezed my guts out. She's tiny, but she sure is strong. I just want to hang out with her and tell her about all the things I've experienced, but we're so busy ALWAYS and our P-days are on different days. Hers is on Thursday. BOO.
 
3// I lost in the plank war again. This is my week. I can feel it.
 
Spiritual stuff:
 
1// We only get to call home twice a year, not because God doesn't want us to talk to our family, but because he wants to call the REAL home first. He is available 24/7 and can comfort us in our hardest trials. ALWAYS.
 
2// When times get hard, we have two options. 1// Let fear consume you and run your entire life, or 2// increase your faith, and come closer to God.
 
3// DO NOT SETTLE FOR LESS THAN FOREVER! Nothing is worth giving up having your family forever. My district was eating breakfast at the temple today and we were planning on doing an endowment session, but one of the sealers was eating next to us (his name was Brother Bacon.. HAHA) and he told us to come do sealings with him. Most of my district had never done them before, so it was really really powerful. I was crying like a baby as usual, and I could literally feel the spirits in the room with us. I can't even begin to describe everything I was feeling, but the moral of the story is, do not settle for less than a temple marriage. Nothing is worth giving that up. Nothing. GET TO THE TEMPLE! I cannot wait for the day when I can start my own family in the temple and the many many years ahead. I WILL serve a million missions with my husband, we will love our kids like crazy, we will teach them about how much God loves them, and I will never let them forget who they are.
 
4// We watched Sister Monson's funeral on Sunday. The love they had for each other blows me away. She packed his suitcase every single time he went on a trip. She was the prophet's wife for goodness sake. She had to stand on her own while he took care of the entire church, and she did it well. My goodness.. I look up to that woman like crazy. I love this gospel. I want a marriage like THAT. 60 something years of pure happiness. And obviously eternity.They were talking about how it's not sad because she died, it's sad because we miss her. someone said "Death is a beautiful door to an even more beautiful room" VERDAD! I'm not even scared to die, it's just the getting dead that scares me haha. I wanna skip that part.
 
5// "Humility is not thinking less OF yourself, it's thinking less ABOUT yourself."
 
6// I have started reading Jesus the Christ, and dang. That has 100% changed me as a person. The atonement is REAL, it is available to every single one of us, and we need to show our appreciation for what Jesus did for us by REPENTING! If we don't, it's like slapping him in the face. He suffered so we don't have to. All we have to do is repent. that's IT!
 
 
I have had so many incredible moments teaching this week. I can't recall exactly what was said, but the spirit was palpable and I can feel God directing the lesson every time. And the times where we don't let him, they fail epically. I'm not doing anything as a missionary. I'm just living in a way that God can take the reins and teach these investigators.
 
Chris: He is on vacation in California, so we haven't taught him this week.
Gregorio: He is progressing and growing in his faith. He brought his wife to church!!!!! they prayed together :) They are becoming closer as a family and his faith blows me away. He is a golden investigator and I love him with all my heart. We challenged him to follow the Word of Wisdom on Monday, and he said it'll be difficult because he's Mexican, and that's a part of his culture, but he agreed to try. I'm so so excited to see how it goes. I know it'll bless his family and will enable him to be baptized. HALLELUJAH! :)
 
My companion and I love each others guts, and we are dreading the day that we have to leave each other. I don't want to ever say goodbye. We have learned and grown so much together. One and a half weeks left. Let's make the best of it.
 
I'm working really really hard and the language is coming slowly, but surely. It's a miracle how fluent I am in lessons, and how terrible I am outside of them haha. Also, I have no vocabulary outside of church and kitchen topics. I'll work on that.
 
I have so much to say, but no time to say it. I love you all.
 
BE GOOD! Stay clean, and give em Heaven :)
 
Love, Hermana Allred
 
p.s. I'll send pictures later today.













OH! also, I will leave the monday after I get my reassignment most likely. And I get to call from the airport for a little bit. But I can't talk for too long. I'll let you know more specifics next week when I get my travel plans :)

No comments: