Monday, November 11, 2013

Oh what a wonderful world

Emailing stresses me out. We only have 45 minutes to email everyone, and I always forget what I´m going to say. I have to come up with a better system.

First of all, ELDER NELSON of the 12 apostles came to Cuzco. We had a 3 stake devotional and 2,000 people came. It was the 2 stakes in Cuzco, and good ol´ sicuani. We´re so lucky we´re the closest zone because we always get to go to things in Cuzco. 

I could go on forever about how great it was. REally. He is an APOSTLE! Do you understand what that means? If not, watch conference talks by Elder holland and let it sink in a little bit. At the end, he said he wanted to speak to everyone in their language, and he just WENT OFF in perfect Spanish. I´m almost 100% sure that he doesn´t speak spanish. Even if he does speak some spanish, it was PERFECT spanish. As in 0 mistakes. I just started crying because I think for the first time in my life, I truly recognized that I was listening to a Prophet of the Lord. It is amazing. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING!?? We have prophets in the world that talk with Jesus and tell us exactly what we need to do. SO DO IT! I just want to scream at everyone in the street how incredible that is. but people get scared pretty easily, so I don´t. I say it nicely. LISTEN TO THE PROPHET AND APOSTLES!!! 

So transfers are today. I´m staying in Sicuani another 6 weeks finishing up training. Then I´m positive I´ll be transferred. The next transfer is the 30 of December. Then I have no idea where I´m going. Hopefully not somewhere Hot. I didn´t plan for warm weather. haha. I only have a down coat and sweaters. 

Once again, Sicuani is the lucky zone. We get to go to Cuzco for Christmas and have dinner with the 2 Cuzco Zones and the president and his wife. WHOOOOT! I love christmas. And I love President Harbertson, so you could say I´m pretty excited. 

As for Skype, I have 45 minutes to talk to you guys on christmas. GET EXCITED! I´m going to unleash my spanish skills. Too bad no one in the family speaks spanish haha. Nessa, you´ll have to come over to talk to me haha. 

Sister Thompson (one of the girls in my district in the MTC) broke her leg. I saw her in cuzco, and man. rough stuff. she has to get surgery, but she´ll be back to normal in about a month. I LOVE HER! It was so good to see her. I haven´t seen her in 3 transfers. 

I just want you all to know how much I truly love each and every one of you. I love my mission. I love this gospel. I love the Book of Mormon and the Bible. I love Peru and all the people in it. even the ones that don´t like us.

Be good. Read. Pray. Go to church. Serve someone.

Love, Hermana Allred.


1-- our front door between two pharmacies (we live with the pharmacist on the left side)

2-- Asking Hna. Flor if I can take a picture with her behind the counter... she said no. haha. She REFUSES to take pictures with me. Rude.

3-- My lovely Hna. Flor Garcia who owns the house, but doesn´t cook. So Margarita comes and cooks instead. 

4-- Hna. Flor just barely told us she has an electric piano that she doesn´t know how to play. Guess who can practice whenever there´s time? THIS GIRL! So excited. there´s an ocarina keyboard and I play the Zelda theme song a lot. Hna. Nelson doesn´t understand any of my media references except Nacho Libre... ugh. 





1-- Adreana´s teeny tiny half size violin

2-- Goin to cuscotopia to see hna. Nelson´s grandpa.... joke. Elder Nelson is not her grandpa.

3-- Navidad in the mission office

4-- Taza de Gracias (jar of thanks) we dont´exactly have thanksgiving here... or at all. so we have a jar and we´re going to eat pizza with hna. margarita. not quite turkey and mashed potatoes, but it´ll have to do.






1-- Hna. nelson broke hna. Flor´s favorite juice pitcher. she was super sad and now we never have juice. So she put this note on her door. it says "I´m sorry! I feel bad that I broke your jar. I hope you can forgive me. I am going to buy a new one for you. I´m sorry. I´m sorry. I´m sorry. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Love, Hermana Helson"
2-- Peruvian ALMOST almond joy. I just discovered them and I´m obsessed. I love coconut EVERYTHING. 

3-- Teaching Margarita how to make french toast last pday. This was the first time cooking since coming to peru. Sad... I know... What a waste of a culinary degree.

4-- CASTIGOS. here, when you lose a game, you have to do a ridiculous embarrassing thing. This one is called "espejo" (mirror) Gady (a member) lost in FHE, so he had to mirror everything I did for a minute. He was a beautiful ballerina. 










No comments: