Monday, January 13, 2014

Maizito

Well Cusco is just the greatest. I get Sicuani homesick sometimes, but I called Margarita this morning (our pensionista) and everything seems to be going alright so far with the new hermanas there, so I feel better about leaving. I MISS HER! but life goes on.
did I mention there is a BURGER KING with REAL HAMBURGERS!? It just opened in the mall, and man... good thing it{s not in my sector, cuz I would go there every day. 

1// I finished the book of mormon in Spanish on January 1st. I finished late cuz transfers messed me up. SO HAPPY! I understand spanish... that is a miracle.

2// I got called as the ward pianist 2 minutes before sacrament meeting started. the conversation when a little something like this 
1st counselor "Do you play piano?" 
me "um... kinda. like chopsticks and random songs I picked up by hearing my sister play them a million times" 
1st counselor "great. Here{s the songs we{re singing today. play them."
me "um... yeah. i don{t read music, but okay."

and then I played, and it didn{t sound horrible! Being a missionary helps you develop talents, and it{s great. By the time I get home, I{ll be a pro. haha. joke.

3// I forgot to tell you guys about something that happened in Sicuani in Alejandro{s store. A little raggedy girl walked in with TOMS on. I thought they were knockoffs that they sell here, but I looked closer, and lo and behold, they were TOMS. I asked her where she got them and she told me they gave them out to all the kids in her school. hardly anyone there has real shoes, mostly just sandals made out of tires. TOMS is a real thing! I{ve seen it :) 

4// I{m starting to realize how hard it{s going to be to travel and teach in our sector. The weeks we travel, we only have friday night, saturday, and sunday to teach all our investigators and less actives. That is no time... It{s hard, cuz I just want to work with our people all day every day, but I{m glad I have the opportunity to visit all the hermanas and help them. But it{s hard. I hope I get time to be a normal missionary after this. 

5// My abs came back thanks to p90x :) A girl that went home left it, and those lil babies that I haven{t seen since the MTC CAME BACK! It{s so nice to feel fit again. It helps that our floor isn{t made of creaky wood that gives you splinters when you lay on it. 

6// There{s a guy in our ward named Hno. Thompson (his grandpa is from england). He makes boots. He{s very old and very senile. He is always reading news and telling us the stories about crazy things that are happening in the world. My favorite conversation with him this week was:

"Are all your relatives okay?"
"um... yes brother Thompson. Why?"
"In teh paper I saw that people in the states are dying all over the place. They walk outside and BAM, frozen to death."
"In which state"
"Maine"
"Well, that{s like the furthest state from my house, so I{m pretty sure they{re okay."
"You should Check."

So this is me checking. Have you or anyone you love frozen to death recently?

haha. I love old people.

I love you all. I love Cusco (mostly for the food and fun things to do on Pday). I love my mission. I love this gospel. 


Love, Hermana Allred

1-- Burger King. First Burger in 8 months. I ABOUT DIED!
2-- This would be a mall. A real one. I felt so out of place. WHERE ARE THE DIRT ROADS AND MOTOKARS!?
3-- Door in the rich part of our sector
4-- Makin dinner






1-- We get weird when it{s late.
2-- Missioned
3-- Hermana Del Rio painted me a rock. I love it. 
4-- Hna. Sheets, Hna. Del Rio, Hna. Enriquez, y yo. We all 4 are sister training leaders and live in the same apartment, but are rarely home. when we{re together, it{s NUTS.






1-- I realized my rice was burning as I was taking the picture. 
2-- view from my room. It looks cooler in person.
3-- mission calendar. WHAT THE HECK ALMOST 9 MONTHS!
4-- The fattest and weirdest looking turkies (is that right... I hate english) i{ve ever seen






oh yeah. That picture is of an American Thrift Shop. 

errything is 99 cents! haha. joke. that{s a terrible song.


No comments: