Monday, January 27, 2014

That one time I tracted near Machu Picchu

Well, once again, it was a travel week. This time to Valle Sagrado Zone. there are 4 hermanas there in 2 different sectors (45 minutes apart). It was nuts and full of trying to solve problems, but I felt good.
Hermana Hansen and I are such good friends and we got to talk all day. It´s nice to have someone listen to me and not expect anything. Ever since I came to Cusco, it has felt like we have no one to turn to (other than God obviously) when we are having a hard time. that´s OUR job. we are the listeners and problem solvers. I felt like that a little in the MTC when I had this calling, but not as amplified. Don´t worry, I´m fine, I just miss having someone in charge of me telling me what to do haha. 

We had Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday to work in our sector, and man... it´s really hard to get people to progress in 3 days each week. We are leaving at 7:30 tomorrow morning for Andahuaylas (on duh why lass) and we´ll be there until late friday night. It´s an 8 hour bus ride. remember how I get car sick on the way to walmart? well, prayers and pills will play a big part in this trip. sleeping too. 

My letters are so boring now. I have so much to say, and so much happens, but I just forget it all. I should start writing things down. 

OH! Val, Hna. Garrett, Chelsea Garrett, and Nessa, I got the letters and candy! I dunno if you sent a USB with music, but there wasn´t one when I got it. I ate all the candy already... Good thing it´s impossible for me to get fat. 

Today we have to pick up 2 hermanas who have to get set apart by our mission president before heading out to their missions. They are going to sleep in our apartment tonight, and we´ll ship them out tomorrow morning before we leave. 

This is my life now. I like it, but I miss working in my sector all day every day. It´s very different, and rewarding in different ways. I´m happy. 


Love, Hermana Allred

1-- My companion, and Hermana Olivarez (I went on splits with her this week in Ollantaytambo. Her sector is the closest one to Machu Picchu. There aren´t any missionaries in the town of Machu Picchu)

2-- Ollantaytambo (oh yawn tie tom bow). Can you see the ruins? This town is adorable and full of die hard catholics and tourists. Hands down the hardest sector in the mission. There are 8 active members there and NO chapel. they have to take a 45 minute bus ride to Urubamba to go to church. 

3-- This would be Hno. Thompson. He makes shoes. (he reminds me of the book you are special) He´s senile and thinks the world is out to get him. We are patient with him. And we love him. 

4-- I was walking home from buying groceries for the next day, and who did I run into? Maribel Corimaya from SICUANI!!! She is a less active we had been working with for a long time, and I didn´t get the chance to say goodbye to her when I got transferred. I ran up to her and hugged her so tight. Might have cried a little too. I was sooo happy to see her. God really does give us tender mercies when we need them most. 






1-- Door. 
2-- Hermana Hansen and I. We got to be companions for a day in Urubamba. (she is the one I found on the sister missionary facebook page and we went to the temple a couple times together before we left) No one was home, so we had LOTS of time to catch up and just have fun. I really loved being her companion. it helps that her iPod was FULL of good music. We are so similar, it´s scary. 
3-- Urubamba Hermanas
4-- Pensionista in Ollantaytambo. CHOCLO and some kind of weird meat. I just didn´t ask what it was cuz I was scared it would be llama. 






1-- Made myself a journal out of a notebook, because THEY DO NOT SELL JOURNALS HERE. We searched forever. It´s almost impossible to find lined paper too. Everything is grid paper. 

2-- Brian Regan. That awkward seat in the back that faces the other cars. Don´t make eye contact ahhaa. Panais... 

3-- Hermanas in Ollantaytambo´s door. I WANT THIS APARTMENT! it is adorable. 

4-- Their apartment. I love the cobblestone. 






1-- Gemelas Rubias. 
2-- A lil tunnel in Ollantaytambo
3-- another cat lady companion... WHEN WILL IT END!? Maybe God is trying to teach me something... my husband is going to be a cat person. 
4-- Valle Sagrado (Urubamba)





No comments: