Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Two weeks until the MTC

According to the travel office in Salt Lake City and various Peru bound missionary blogs, it is unlikely that any of us will be getting our visas in time for our departure. It's not official, but i'm gearing up to spend at least a few weeks at the Provo MTC.

I'm not too bummed, you see. This way, I can get letters faster, and *hint hint* people can send me treats. Maybe even same day delivery of Cafe Rio?

Also, if I'm going to cry, I'd rather it be in good ol' Utah than on a 12 hour flight. I don't have a cute cry face. Kim Kardashian feels my pain.


Okay I'm a little bummed... but whatever happens is what is supposed to happen and I will love it no matter what. Even if I get sent to burn to death in Arizona while I wait. (No offense to Arizona. It's just too hot.)

Does anyone else notice how flippin annoying Satan is? I sure do. I'm fine one minute, then he pokes the part of my brain that has been repressing sadness and hurt. RUDE! Don't worry. I have God on speed dial. He's bailed me out a lot recently.

I made a few rules for myself to make sure my mission is fully experienced.

1// I will not leave early no matter what. (only exceptions: My own death, severe medical complications, and/or Machu Picchu ends up being an alien landing site and I get beamed up to their spaceship)

2// I will love every single one of my companions and try to learn as much as possible from them.

3// I will really learn Spanish. Not just enough to get by.

4// I will teach with love, not with force.

5// I will be present. This is a once in a lifetime experience. I don't want to waste time wishing I were home.

6// I will take lots of pictures.

Chau

//Hermana Allred

No comments: