Monday, October 28, 2013

-

Well, I lost my agenda this week, so I don´t really know what to write haha. I always forget what happens during the week. You could say I was a little depressed when it happened... it has all the numbers of our investigators and appointments and stuff. Luckily I made sure Hna. Nelson wrote down all the appointments we made during the week. little miracles.
I spent most of my time making a dropbox account today, so this letter will be super short. IT WILL BE WORTH IT. next week I´m going to try to download a video or two. GET READY. your mind is about to be blown. haha. just kidding. but you can see a little bit of what my life is like here in action.

We are working really hard as a companionship to REACTIVATE this ward. All of them. well, maybe just a fair percentage of them haha. We have to teach them all the missionary lessons, they have to come to church twice, and they have to have an interview with the bishop. We are so close with a lot of the members, and we are finding less actives every day. God leads us to people who haven´t been to church in over 20 years, and they barely even remember they are members haha. One of my friends who is serving in chile said a while ago about this problem we have down here in south america: apparently there was a time in Chile where they baptized a million people, and now there are a million less actives. So guess who gets to reactivate them all. WE DO. And it´s incredible. Saving a soul that has already been baptized is the same as helping someone get baptized. 

people always have weird excuses for not going to church here. this week had a few gems

1-- "it´s raining" yeah.. it is. you´ve lived here your whole life, and all of a sudden rain is going to kill you on the block walk to the chapel? nope. braid your hair, and let´s go.

2-- "i´m president of my potatoe club and we have meetings on sundays" yeah... um.. I really don´t have an answer to that. 

3-- "I have to wash clothes" uggghhh... so many inactives would be saved if they had a washing machine. 

4-- "I have to go plant seeds en el campo" once again, UGHHH. Come to church for just one hour, then plant your seeds if you really can´t do it another day. I want to shove Dia De Reposo down their throats, but i refrain. I just love them and encourage them to come to church so they can go to heaven. haha. 

Brittany Trost and Elder Iman-- I GOT YOUR LETTERS thank you thank you. I´ll write you back in my next giant envelope of letters I send home. 

Everyone-- enjoy halloween for me! I have ward council that night and I´m a missionary, so um... I´ll just be filling out paperwork and maybe I´ll eat a little candy. They celebrate it here by going to the cemetary or something... I don´t like the sound of it. Cemetaries freak me out.


Well, my time is up. I LOVE YOU ALL. be good. go to church. eat a hamburger.

Love, Hermana Allred


1-- rainy season from our roof
2-- view from the bishop´s house. they put Wiky´s (their 4 year old son) bike on the roof cuz he was being disobedient. he´s pretty mad.
3-- RAINY day. Elder lehman gave me his giant rain jacket cuz it was POURING and i didn´t think it was going to rain that day. big mistake
4-- ward sicuani missionaries in the rain






1-- sister harbertson (mission president´s wife). the president was in interviews
2-- we´re trying to get really on top of the area book, and that means we plan until about 10:15 every night... it´s a little exhausting, and not my favorite, but it´s going to help the next hermanas so much.
3-- karen being a diva
4-- banana hands





No comments: