Monday, October 21, 2013

I am in love with my mission

Can we just take a second to recognize how awesome God is? not going to lie, my first 3 transfers were REALLY hard. Not that the work was hard, it was just that my companion and I did not get along hardly at ALL and we had to work SO hard every day to just be able to be in the same room. Somehow we were still able to teach and get thing done, but wow... now that I have my soul mate companion, I realize how ineffective we were that whole time. 120 days,.... not that I was counting.
I love my companion so much sometimes I just want to cry. She is so incredibly great. She pushes me to improve, work out, remember to pray in every moment, love everyone, not waste time with people who don´t listen to our message, and AHHHH! I love her. I got past a very long test of patience, and now I have her... I am so incredibly grateful. I could go on forever, but I´ll save that for my journal haha. 

We started teaching a guy named Rodolfo. He´s the baker at my favorite bakery. GUESS WHAT! I told him I went to culinary school, and he said he wants us to come bake with him every once and a while. um... okay! I´m so down. his family is so cute. he has two little girls, and he is the nicest person I´ve ever met. Also, he makes bread, so that helps a little haha. (mom, dad, and sisters... you all know how obsessed I am with bread.) He´s going to teach me how to make peruvian paneton (I think it´s fruitcake. not sure they eat it at christmas)

My comp said the other day during personal study that she was really excited to die.. haha. I just busted up and said "me too". I really am not scared of it at all. As long as i have a current temple recommend, I´m good to go. 

I gave up my English Scriptures this week cuz i hit my 6 month mark. whooot!!! I´m buying myself a cake today to celebrate and letting the elders have some too. I can´t eat a whole cake. I´m learning spanish so much faster. I know way more than I thought I did. I just used to always revert to english cuz it´s easier. NOPE! I can read in spanish!!!! 

We finally got a new shower with HOT water. IT´s a miracle. instead of 5 mintue dreaded showers, we take our time. about 20 mintues each. 

I ran for the first time since the MTC today... that´s all I´m going to say about that. It´s a lot harder when there are rabid dogs chasing you. or easier... not sure.

I MISS THE TEMPLE SO MUCH! Do not take it for granted. It is the most incredible place on earth, because it is not even of the earth. ITS HEAVEN! please everyone go a lot for me. 

I have been having nightmares a lot lately that I give up and go home... every time I wake up crying. there is nothing else I would rather be doing right now. I am so sad I only have a year left (exactly one year from today). WHAT the heck am I supposed to do in the real world where I´m not supposed to share the gospel with everyone I walk past? i´m going to be so awkward when I get home. 

Well, I love you all. BE GOOD! Go to the temple. Eat a hamburger for me. i want one... and cafe rio.

love, Hermana Allred



1-- my lovely companion
2-- karen (the pensionista´s daughter) and I after her parade.
3-- sister training leaders came to go on splits with us
4-- Our pensionista (Margarita) and her daughter





1-- My best friend and I under the watertower on the roof
2-- Peruvian tradition. "queremos que muerda la torta!" cake in the face.
3-- Karen´s Birthday party






1-- spider we found in our room. it bites according to Margarita. i killed it so fast. 
2-- aftermath
3-- The two best friends that anyone could have



No comments: