Monday, October 14, 2013

Saben que? PUEDO HACER TODOS LAS COSAS CON DIOS! :) Inbox x

I forgot to tell you all how AMAZING CONFERENCE WAS! I even got to listen in english. I only got to watch with video the sunday sessions. But at least I understood everything!

So training has been a million times better than I thought. My sweet trainee Hermana Nelson is such a hard worker. SUCH a huge change from my last companionship. (I promised myself I wouldn´t expound on that... let´s just say 3 transfers is a LONG time with someone you don´t get along with) I feel so much more effective as a teacher and a missionary with her. She tries so hard to speak the language and participates ALWAYS. I am so blessed. This is the first companionship of two Gringas in a very very long time. and I think we´re the first Gringas EVER to train. It´s really hard sometimes because I don´t understand the culture and Hna. Inga would always have to explain things, but I understand almost everything now and I can teach all the lessons with confidence. I truly feel like God has blessed me and prepared me for this. She is teaching me WAY more than I am teaching her. We are so similar. Things we have in common.

1-- our parents are divorced
2-- we play violin
3-- we kind of play piano, but not really
4-- we worked at athletic stores in utah (she´s from Arizona, but went to BYU for 3 years). She worked at 26.5 and I worked at Park´s. WE talk aobut 3.5 all the time haha (rick, jennie, you know what I´m talking about)
5-- We like hiking
6-- welike all the same music, and she was smart enough to actually bring music haha. I dropped the ball on that one. 
7-- We hate onions and mystery peruvian meat, and love Mate and mangos. BEST FRIENDS INSTANTLY haha. 

This companionship was seriously put together by God. I am so much happier now than I ever was in my first 3 transfers. WE GET ALONG! and Hna. Flor had some guys redo the bathroom, and it´s beautiful and clean now. So life is good. 

A lot of new investigators and less actives are popping up and I have a feeling our hard work this transfer will give us a LOT of success between now and January 1st (I´m most likely getting transferred then) 

I have started studying the scriptures at the bottom of the hymns and WHOOSH. I LOVE Abide with me tis eventide. IT gives the song so much more meaning if you read the scriptures that go along with it. The story of Emmaus road really impacts me. That Jesus can be RIGHT THERE, but they didn´t recognize him until he was gone. IT´s like the gospel. IT´s RIGHT THERE, but so many people just don´t see it for what it is. THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST!!! Do you guys understand what I am saying to you? Jesus Christ literally RUNS his church through his prophets. If that didn´t pierce your soul and make you want to sing HALLELUJAH through the streets, read it again and think about it until you feel that way. 

Can I just tell all of you my testimony real quick? of course I can. It´s my email haha.

I know without a doubt that God listens to our prayers. I know if we do all we can to work our hardest in our missions God will give us the EXACT words in the EXACT moment we need them. I have a firm testimony of families. I KNOW that there is more after this life, and depending our works in this life, we can be together forever. I have such a good feeling aobut my future. I don´t worry even a little bit about what is in store for me, because I know no matter what, IF I AM FAITHFUL, I will be able to make it through whatever life throws at me. 

I love every single one of you. I am so happy in this work. I LOVE THE SCRIPTURES. I love prayer. I love my mission president. KEEP ON TRUCKIN´. 

Love, Hermana Allred

1-- we REALLY like Mate but dont´like drinking it in the kitchen. so we bring all it upstairs, and end up having a huge stash of mugs on the table. our Pensionista always yells at us.

2-- my favorite pants with fur inside. I sleep warm. only about $5

3-- cerrillo family. We are reactivating them all :) They are so sweet. 






1-- Miriam Barrientos (less active) and ANOTHER little lamb. It pooped on me...

2-- Karin (the pensionista´s daughter) and I in a motokar

3-- Hna. Rasmussen and I. FIRST TIME seeing each other in 4 months. She is now companions with my trainer. 

4-- My mission mom (trainer), My MTC companion, Me, and my mission Daughter Hermana Nelson






1-- Jose Corrales with his cats
2-- SIX MONTHS on the 24th. Isn´t that nuts? also, I have a "daughter" (mission daughter haha)
3-- The pit of despair I almost fall into every time we teach this family. Also, RIGHT AFTER this picture, this lamb pooped on my lap. 







No comments: